RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold 1200 just quit working no lights on consol or no 12v…

Customer Question
Norcold 1200 just quit...

Norcold 1200 just quit working no lights on consol or no 12v coming out of box but 12v going in and 120 going in

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Lights on the on/off, mode, temp set panel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2012 Brookstone Diamond

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tested for input voltage..12v and 120v ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
is anyone there
3/8/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What can occur is the circuit board/control unit ECU can fail internally causing this issue here.It is usually located at the back of the fridge itself.Power will come in but the control unit will not operate the fridge causing this issue.I have had to replace several of these before for this fault.In allot of cases it can be removed and taken to a dealer or RV repair facility and they can test it to see if it needs to be replaced for sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete