RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2006 40 foot elipse.. water has started dripping…

We have a 2006...

We have a 2006 40 foot elipse.. water has started dripping from a drain hose in the bay door where the propane lives. it's next to the water/sewer door. it drains when the pump is running or if we are hooked up to a hose and filling the tanks. we are unable to remove the refrigerator to see where the hose might be running from. could it be the refrigerator???? we don't use the ice maker....we are stumped

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Yep it's water and it only drips from this drain hose when there is pressure in the water lines like when the pump is turned on or the hose filling the tank is turned on. we have no idea what part of the coach the leak is coming from. It is a contained leak because it's leaking from a drain hose which I assume is designed for this purpose. there is no water leaking in the house like on the floors or under the sinks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Itasca elipse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried nothing so far. just found the water coming out of this hose and wondered where it is coming from. we don't want to have it empty our fresh water tank if we are somewhere where we can't fill up again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think I know any more about it. Just that it isn't coming from any hose in the water/sewer bay and that it is in a bay below where the refrigerator is and thought it might have something to do with the icemaker or refrigerator.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To me this sounds like it could be for one of the low point drains if it is coming out of a tube, you will normally have drain valves to drain the fresh water system and if the valve was faulty it may be allowing water to drip out the hose. I doubt it is the fridge they normally have a drain that is located under the access panel for the fridge and that is a corrugated hose.

So I would try and find he drain valves and make sure they are fully shut, if push comes to shove what you may want to do is put a cap on the line, most RV stores have the caps to plug the line.

The only other possible area it would be coming from would some AC units have drain lines going to the ground, but that would not apply as you stated only when the pump is running or when hooked up to city water so that tells me it is a low point drain and a valve may not be fully shut or faulty.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really don't think that is the problem because this hose is coming from the floor directly under the refrigerator It isn't one of the low point drains that have valves. If there were a valve I would be able to see it but this hose comes directly from the floor it has no cap on the end so i'm afraid if I cap it off the water will back up somewhere in the house

IS it a corrugated hose? What is the make and model of the fridge?

Robert

See picture below, normally the drain for the fridge will have a type of hose like that, the ice maker would not have a drain line at all the water would go through a solenoid valve up to the back of the fridge. I think the key here is it only leaks when the system is pressurized.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is not corrugated, it is like a garden hose. It has been there the whole time and it is definitely a drain hose. It has just started to drain the past couple months. Never saw water coming out of it before. The only way for us to find out where the hose comes from is to remove the refrigerator and that would be impossible for us. The refrigerator is a four door stainless steel don't know the type because we aren't in the coach right now. We just left it and i am trying to find an answer online.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I agree it is a pressurized thing. but why now.

Understand, I do not feel it is for the fridge unless it is a residential style fridge then it could be some type of hose for a drip pan at the bottom of the fridge.

Normally the only hoses you will find are for low point drains, tank drain, roof AC drain line but the only ones that would leak are for the fresh water system.

I might look under the outside access panel for the fridge and see if you can tell which way that line is going....

Robert

Hold on, I just realized I might be able to get you a plumbing diagram. Do you have the full model number? IF not the 40' should help me out.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All those numbers are in the coach i'm sorry. I surely couldn't get anything from the book so the plumbing schismatics sure would be helpful. thanks

Click HERE it may help you out, you should be able to blow up the print as it is a PDF file, I would look that over and print it out. It is for the 40' unit.

Hope this helps, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic