RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My drains in the sinks and shower are not draining. I used a…

Customer Question
My drains in the...

My drains in the sinks and shower are not draining . I used a plunger and small no results.can you help

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Dutchman 2016 Kodiak

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

Kd291resl16

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes snake and plunger

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that it doesn't drain

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

I believe your concern is an airlock. Open your gray tank drain and see if the sink and shower now drains. If so then you need to inspect the vents on the roof to see if they are clogged not allow air to escape from the tank as the tank fills with waste water.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Emptied black water earlier same result. I don't recall a vent on the roof only one under the kitchen sink. Removed it no help

You must drain the gray tank, not the black tank

My gray tank is open still no draining

Were you camping and this all of a sudden happened or was this the first time use this year?

Is it freezing outside?

Do the drain slowly or not at all?

Did you try the snake in the shower which is right above the gray tank?