RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Replaced house batteries. i can start my gen off of them but…

Customer Question
Replaced house batteries. i...

Replaced house batteries. i can start my gen off of them but not geeting a reading on panel nor can i turn on interior lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

No, probably should have. ill go there next

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2001 winnie adventurer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I did batteries myself, i was crunched for time so I thought id look for suggestions online. (its a*****to wear my rig is stored)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
3/7/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 month ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

D​id you remember to hit the battery disconnect solenoid switch again so that the batteries were back in the charging and service loop again? That is the usual cause of this. Either that or perhaps you may have gotten the hook up wrong on the cables. Easy to do. Check that and get back to me. All follow ups are included in or one time fee. No time limit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i took a photo of old batteries and hookup before de-install so im confident the hookup is correct. is it possible I need to cycle the switch more than once?

No, just once. You should hear a distinct click. If you have a small digital multimeter we could check this quickly and find out if that is working properly or not.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did here the relay click. I'm not at the coach currently. next time im there ill break out the multi meter and ask again

If the batteries are in the loop and getting a proper charge you should see about 13.7 VDC to them off the charging circuit. If not, let me know and we can find out why. No time limit here.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification