RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Hot water tank leaking like crazy. Can’t find access to

Hot water tank leaking...

Hot water tank leaking like crazy. Can’t find access to tighten what’s loose. HELP

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Smells like water, tastes like water. Coming from under hot water tank in RV.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

06 Winnebago adventure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Need to find access

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’m poor.

3/4/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the water heater?

Robert

The only possible place it could be leaking is the connections on the backside of the water heater or pressure relief under the access cover. It is possible the tank is cracked if it is not leaking from the hook ups on the back of the water heater.

Winnebago likes to stick the water heaters below the floor line which is good and bad, the good is it is not flooding the inside of your RV, the bad is access is normally a problem, you would have to look for a side panel that you can remove to get at the back of the water heater, look in any storage compartments next to the water heater and see if you can pull down the side wall. They do not think of service when they install these....

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included.

Robert

According to paperwork it’s an Atwood
Literature number MPD 93755.
Models 4-E & 10-E.
I can’t find a way to get to the back. The heater seems to be behind passenger front tire.

There has to be a removable panel or an access panel to get at the lines on the side could be a metal panel in the wheel well that comes off or in a storage compartment next to the water heater, they do not make these easy to access.

I see you requested a call I can not do a phone service at this time but another expert may take the call.'

ROBERT

What is the model number of your Adventurer?

37B I believe.

Found a print which may help out some or at least show you how the lines are connected, click HERE for that, it is a PDF file and you should be able to zoom in on the details. I suspect there is a panel but it might be a challenge getting it out. Might need a mobile tech on this one if it looks to difficult....

Robert

I’ll try it

Let me know if you need more help on this, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Phone call session started