RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am having trouble figuring out how to activate the water…

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble figuring out how to activate the water heater on a 2007 Jayco Eagle 288 RSL. Mannual sa

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

The water heater manual says there is a remote switch to turn on, but I cannot locate it. The water has electronic ignition and there are no switches in the external compartment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to set up the trailer at a campground for the week and cannot get the water heater to turn on. What do I need to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Getting the water heater to turn on is basically my issue

3/4/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO if it is electronic ignition then you will have a switch somewhere inside the RV, when you hit the switch it starts the electrode. Make sure the main LP tank valve is opened away. They can put that switch about anywhere, sometimes it is on the monitor panel and other times it can be in the bathroom, hallway kitchen etc.

Some Atwoods would have a dual switch that has a white face plate, one switch is for the LP and the other is for AC electric, not sure if your model has the AC heating element in it or not.

IF you want to get me the make and model of the water heater I can check that for you, should be a sticker under the outside access panel with the model number.

Let me know if you still need more help on this, follow ups are included. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Found it! Thanks Robert.