RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Winnebago view 524V with 20000 miles on it. 2 weeks…

I have a Winnebago...

I have a Winnebago view 524V with 20000 miles on it. 2 weeks ago while camping several of the electrical plug sockets stopped working. The 2 TV's don't come on and when the heating system is on electric it blows out cold air. I had a service man come to my home and look at it and after an hour and a 1/2 he cannot figure out what's going on do you have any suggestions thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

It has never had a flat tire I purchased it at 13000 and I have put the 6000 miles on it from Arkansas to the West Coast and back and have had no problems but so ever. I did put new tires on it prior to that trip

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 6000?

This is a 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 6000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not sure what you mean by my 6000? This is a 2015 Winnebago view with the twin beds to the style is V

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What are you referring to when you say 6000?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/3/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

K

W​hat is the actual model number of your View?

Once I have the model number I can pull up the wiring diagrams for you. Very helpful here. And the furnace issue is probably not related to the plug issue. Did he check the Service Breaker for that circuit AND the GFCI that controls that string of outlets. It may need to be reset or it can be damaged and not reset. Sometime on that string may be shorting out and keeping it from being reset.

WM524V 10545T284937
Hey spent over an hour and a 1/2 With the circuit breaker and said he just could not figure it out . I have purchased a an extended warranty on this and he was qualified but said he would get back to me that spin 10 days ago so I'm just stuck in don't know what to do. I am single female 76 and this matter home is new to me So of course I'm not gonna do any work on it myself he said he had checked all the breakers and just could not figure out the wiring

See the attached link for the wiring diagrams for this. Print these out if you can. https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2015/15_wire_188990.pdf

I am camping and have no access to a printer at this time I will return home next Thursday and can print it then.

Do you have or can you get a small digital multimeter? That would allow us to do some testing here and track this down. Not hard and I can direct you. Most hardware stores have them for less than $20.

Do you know what the GFCI outlets look like? Two buttons in the center. Push in to reset.

I guess I should have waited to contact you after I have returned home. Which will be 5 days from now I can do all of this once I am at home but I cannot do any of this at this time period I have enough and electrical outlets to to continue camping

B​ookmark this and you can come right back to it again. We have no time limits. I have an RV repair shop and do this sort of work all the time. I am on here every day.

K thanks

You are most welcome! I will watch for your response.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification