RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am going to look at buying a 2001 American Eagle with a…

Hi I am going...

Hi I am going to look at buying a 2001 American Eagle with a salvage title

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only info I have so farr is that the passenger front took the brunt of the accident and he tells me everything has been repaired except the stairs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am going to pull the passenger front wheel off to look at the rotar - and anyhting else as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

It looks great

3/1/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

So what exactly is your question?

I have to step away for about 15 minutes and will be right back.......

Hi Randall I was going to pull the tow off before I buy it. Taking a look at the brakes strut and so forth. If I see anything concerning I will adjust the price.

O.K..........what is the price? Room for negotiation?

Asking 30k not sure about room. But if I don't like what I see I won't buy
110k miles. Not sure about ball joint either

That sounds pretty high for a salvage title unit. Google that year, make and model and see what that is going for. You should be at least 1/2 of that price or lower.

Thanks I'll have my price in hand. Not sure how low he will go though. That's why I'll pull the tire and look for hidden problems

If you are pretty sure it checks out then maybe. Looks like the market is about $65K and up.

Thanks. Just check-in to see if you had any advice on this make of rv mechanically

Pretty solid units. I rarely see any questions here about these and I don't remember ever having one in my shop for problems. I have been here over 8 years and have answered over 25,000 questions.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification