RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

WE JUST PURCHASED A USED 2003 CARRIAGE 39' FIFTH WHEEL,

WE JUST PURCHASED A...

WE JUST PURCHASED A USED 2003 CARRIAGE 39' FIFTH WHEEL, TRIED TO TURN ON A/C S 2- CARRIER UNITS DUCTED FAN COMES ON, BUT ON COOL THE FAN BLOWS BUT COMPRESSOR DOES NOT KICK IN. CAN YOU HELP?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

WHAT THIS A FIFTH WHEEL ARE YOU BEING FUNNY

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 RV?

M 382

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES MY HUSBAND CHECKED BREAKERS, THERE FINE, CHECKED CIRCUIT BOARD HAS POWER TO BOARD BUT NONE SHOWING TO THE PLUGS ON THE SIDE. FANS WORK ON BOTH UNITS THE COMPRESSOR JUST DOESN'T COME ON TO COOL. CAN'T FIND A FUSE PANEL FOR A/C ANY WHERE. WE FOUND THE 12 VOLT FUSE BOX BUT NOTHING LABELED FOR A/C.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

YES, THE LIGHT IGNITION ON OUR HW HEATER IS NOT IGNITING EVERY TIME AND MAKES A LOUD POP. MY HUSBANDS THINKS ITS THE LP VALVE. IS HE CORRECT?

3/1/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​re you using a remote control for these or wall mount thermostat?

M​odel number of these units would be helpful here. I can supply a Service Manual and direct you in some testing. On the water heater that "pop" is a sign of low LP working pressure at the tank regulator. That should be checked and adjusted at least once a year. Most shops would have a manometer for this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only numbers I find on owner manual is P/N 71dq6a54010 & P/N 71dq6a54010
Air V

A​ny flashing codes on the control panel? See the attached manual link. Print this out so you have it. Let me know what code, if any you are getting. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/airv.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry I don't see any code
Both units are flashing a green light
The bedroom units also has a red light blinking we have the cover off it
Yes the are both operated by remote

See the trouble shooting sections beginning at pages 2.1 and if you have a small digital multimeter here this will be much easier. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use.

T​ry disconnecting the DC power source from the unit by unplugging the board for a few minutes and then reconnect it and see if that clears this.

This may be the result of a poor connection at the control board by one of the components. Try unplugging them one at a time and plugging them back in. Humidity and dust can lead to this. With a meter we can check for the DC incoming voltage and see if that is up to specs or not. Batteries in this in good condition and not over 3 years old? In the shop we always do a load test on them first and clean all the cable connections and check the charging circuit to see if they are being properly charged by the converter.

S​ee the manual. Figure 3-12 or you can remove the fuse on the side of the assy.

Leave the fuse out for a few minutes and then put it back in. See if it allows the board to reset.

M​ake sure that both of those orange blade fuses in the control box are good.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok can I call u back late this afternoon after 6:00 pm when my husband is here for you to walk him through this process? If so will I have to pay another fee??
We have a volt ohm meter but I don't know how to use it??

O​nly for the phone chat. One $9 fee. That is in addition to your present question fee.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great can u call me @ 6:40 cst today or can I get a direct phone number?

You have to hit that phone call tab.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great will that connect me with u?

Y​es. I can supply my phone number then.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok talk to u later today I'll get my husband to go through the process you've already put forth and then call you. Thank you!

10-4

J​ust checking back to see if you changed your mind about a phone chat?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No we haven't but my husband got the compressor to come on and cool but we still have the red light blinking 3 times in a row and a noise that sounds like the squirrel cage is struggling. He want to get on roof and see if he sees anything constricting it before he talks to u again. We are having rain off and on daily and he doesn't want to take shroud off right now. Can I keep the link and talk to u latter in the week??

Sure. No time limits here. I am around every day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

Y​ou are most welcome! Have him make sure that the incoming AC voltage to the unit is adequate which is over 115 VAC.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Did you print out the Service Manual?

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification