RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We can’t get all our levelers to retract. Just the front. I…

We can’t get all...

We can’t get all our levelers to retract. Just the front.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I don’t think so

2/17/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?

Who is the manufacturer of the jacks? IT should say on the control panel.

Thanks, Robert

2017 carbon 347
LCI

OK

Are you getting any fault errors on the LCI display?

Robert

There are 3 lights blinking is all.

Click HERE and see if that looks like your control panel. IF so go through the operation steps, if you still can not get them to retract see the section manual override, you should be able to manually retract them so you can at least travel. Might need to have this looked at under warranty as if there are any problems it should be covered. Normally the warranty period is one year from date of purchase.

Robert

IF that does not look like your control panel please let me know.

Robert

That is my control panel. I’m prolly not saying it right. We are actually trying to set up at camp and can’t get the back ones to come down. Should I still go thru the steps.

Yes read through the manual I sent it might be you are missing a step.

Landing gear jacks can be operated any time the system is “ON” but NOT in the “AUTO MODE.” By pushing the “FRONT” button, both front or landing gear jacks can be extended. By pushing either the “LEFT” or “RIGHT” button, the individual front jacks can be extended. If the touch panel is put in the “RETRACT” mode, indicated by the orange illuminated LED next to the “RETRACT” button, the front jacks can be retracted together by pushing the “FRONT” button or individually by pressing either the “LEFT” or “RIGHT” button. The rear jacks can only be operated when the touch panel is in the “MANUAL MODE.” Once system is in “MANUAL MODE,” pressing the “REAR” button will extend both rear jacks at the same time. To operate individual rear jacks, press the “LEFT” or “RIGHT” button first, depending on what is needed at the time, then press the “REAR” button and hold both at the same time.

Was just checking in to see if you made any progress on this....

Robert

No we haven’t. We actually don’t live far from where we camp so we just came home it started raining. Gonna go back tomorrow. If the ground was really unlevel would it make the panel not work. Does the ground being so unlevel have anything to do with it?
Hey also is there no way by hand to crank them down if the computer part doesn’t work!

Yes on that style you need a drill to run them up or down. I might try a more level spot and start the process over again to see if that helps, if not then you should be able to run them down with a drill click HERE again and see the last page. Might need to get these looked at but should be able to run them down with a drill.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic