RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2011 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. Presently on the…

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. Presently on the road on my way to Florida. The outlets on the GFI are working but none of the other ones will. Any suggestions on what to look for. Circuit breakers are not tripped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Excellent. Always stored inside and well maintained

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the breakers and reset all of them. Are they in any way connected to the inverter. I have replaced that one time also.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just want to know how to get remainder of outlets working. No problem with lights or anything else.

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. Fridays can be very busy here. Are you using any kind of adapter on the shore cord? IF so, you will lose about 1/2 of your circuits. If you have a generator, you may be having an automatic transfer issue. If you have or can come up with a small digital multimeter we can do some checking and track down the cause of this problem. About $20 or so at most hardware stores. I have to go out for about 45 minutes and then will be back online. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

I found the problem. One leg of camp circuit was not working. Everything is ok now. Thanks for your help.

That would do it. And you are most welcome! Please get back to me if you need more on this later.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification