RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Took Seneca in for oil change returned home. Now no power to…

Took Seneca in for...

Took Seneca in for oil change returned home. Now no power to microwave and tv which worked off inverter prior. plugged into power now other outlets work but nothing to the outlets for tv's and micro. checked breakers and fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2017 jayco seneca

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

As mentioned checked breakers and fuses

2/16/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Check the breaker(s) on your inverter/charger. That may have been turned off or tripped. Did they check your batteries while they were servicing this or not? Be sure you do that on a regular basis as low water in them can cause inverter/charger issues. Do that and then get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

I am heading into my shop so I will be offline for about 20 minutes........

Thank you. Coach batteries were not serviced. Yes checked breaker.

Check the GFCI outlet that controls all those and see if that is tripped. Push the button in to reset it. One in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area.

If it won't reset then it is either damaged OR something that is plugged into one of those outlets is shorting it out. Unplug each thing one at a time until you find out which one it is.

I am late for an appointment. I will continue in the morning. I finally turned inverter off and the outlets are working. I had checked the gfi in bathroom and will-look for one in kitchen. Thank you

You are most welcome! If you turned off the inverter and they work then the GFCI is fine. The problem would have to be with the inverter OR the fuse for that may be blown OR the batteries might be turned off? Get back to me later when it is good for you.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification