RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have aTrek with a three way Dometic RM 2310 refrigerator.

I have a*****Trek with...

I have a*****Trek with a three way Dometic RM 2310 refrigerator. I have started the frig many times in the past and know the procedure well. It had been working fine, but when I tried to start it last week, it would not start. The propane tank is three fourths full. To me, it acts like the striking mechanism is not making a spark. Have you worked on Dometics before? David

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it.

2/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

no calls

It may not be and that can be for several reasons. The spark module may be bad or it may have a bad connection to it or the selector switch may have dirty contacts and it is not turning the spark module on so that it gets power. Those are the most common causes of this. If this is sparking and just not lighting then it can be a dirty burner or low LP working pressure due to it being out of adjustment at the tank regulator. That should be checked at least once a year. Hope that points you in the right direction. When I get a chance to get to my computer later I will get you a link to the Dometic Service Manual for this model. Let me know if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification