RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

E350 rv will only start by emergency swirch. And yes. 2014.

Customer Question
E350 rv will only...

E350 rv will only start by emergency swirch

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your E350?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I don't work on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it's been in storage

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Did you remember to switch the batteries back on again? That is the most common problem in this situation. If the batteries become discharged it will allow the disconnect solenoid to revert back to the store position. Check that and get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Randy, are you talking about the interior batteries or the engine battery? Is there a switch on the engine battery? I don't understand why the emergency start will start the vehicle. I let it warm up, took it for a short drive and it still would start only with the emergency start switch. The battery gauge needle was right in the middle, not charging or discharging.

There should be a battery disconnect switch for both the coach and the chassis batteries. Usually right next to each other.

There's only one switch I know of, right by the coach door, next to the awning extend switch.

There is another one someplace. If not side by side then on the dash perhaps. What is the make and model of this RV?

Thor Four Winds on Ford E350
2014

L​ook on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Usually right next to the "Aux Start" switch if this isn't where the coach switch is located.

My rv is 25 miles from here - when I get a chance to look i'll get back to you -

Sure. No time limits here. I am around every day. It may not be marked, but it will be a rocker style switch for sure.