RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Steps will not extend. Or retract. Can u recomend someone to…

Customer Question
Steps will not extend...

Steps will not extend. Or retract. Can u recomend someone to work on it

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2002 revolution

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 RV?

Fleetwood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
2/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That can be caused by any number of things. If you don't want to tackle this yourself, I would give one of the local RV parks a call and ask them who does good mobile work in that area. Most of the time this is a pretty simple fix. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more or want to do this yourself and I can supply a Kwikee manual and direct you in some testing to find the problem. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

The part that comects the motor to the step is broken

Most shops will have that. Not too expensive and if you are somewhat handy with tools not that hard to change out. Comes in several variations so take the old piece with you once you remove the pin on the steps.

If you can attach a photo of that broken part I may be able to give you the part number. Use the paperclip icon for that.

Or give me the Series number of your steps.

If you have the older style controller you need a whole rebuild kit. If you have the newer style with the control box that is shaped kind of like the State of Nevada then you can buy just the control arm.

I see you asked this question again............did you not see my previous responses and answer?

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification