RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to see if I can order some replacement windows/glass…

Customer Question
I need to see...

I need to see if I can order some replacement windows/glass for a 2002 chev roadtrek 190 versatile. some one broke the small crankout windows, the two on driver side and right rear on psgr side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, this is also my 4th roadtrek

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, the windows are the only issue at this time, everything else is OK

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
2/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is it the glass that is broken or the crank out mechanisms? Look in the corner of the glass someplace and tell me if you see a sticker for Kinrow or Hehr. Those are the two largest makers of RV windows. Let me know what you find. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

It's the glass, crank mechanisms is in tack.

C​heck with your local glass company if you don't see either of those stickers on the glass anyplace. They should be able to make those up for you. You might also be able to save some money by getting some used ones from an RV Salvage Yard like Colaw or Arizona RV Salvage or Visonerv. E-bay is a good source of used RV parts as well. If you find a sticker for the maker then those can be ordered from them. Hope that points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me if you need more later.

the window in question are GRL , the only thing on remaining glass,