RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Hwh 200 slide will not retract. 1999 Itasca Sunflyer. It isw…

Hwh 200 slide will...

Hwh 200 slide will not retract.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1999 Itasca Sunflyer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 RV?

It isw the IKL model ( i think) 36' on Freightliner chassis

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Retracting with retract switch - pump runs but no movement. Sounds like pump is under load.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Yes - fluids are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Retracting with winch - both T-handles opened on retract solenoid.

2/5/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO what I would do is swap the wires on the solenoids and see if you can make the room retract, when you do that you will have to hit extend to make it retract. If the problem changes then you have a bad solenoid. The number one cause for a room not running with the pump under a load is a faulty solenoid.

You also might want to reach out to HWH, they do have customer tech. support but normally work off a call back log, they can be helpful if you can catch them. Really sounds like the solenoid.

Hope this helps, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, you can still follow up as needed..

Robert

I am trying to winch it in and go to repair shop. T-handles on extend and retract solenoids are full open. Winch is attached to doorstep and strap loop under sofa. Winch strap is tight enough to play a bass note when plucked. But no movement. I have put my back into lifting and pushing on outside of slide - no movement, either.last extend/retract cycle was about a week ago with no problems.brand is HWH Spacemaker 200 and I have read the manuali can send you the procedure from the manual, if there is an attach function.but I've already tried that multiple times.

Make sure the handles are opened about 6 turns each, I am aware of that room and understand what you are trying to do. I might swap the solenoid wires and then hit extend and see if the room runs in for you.....

No need to send the procedure, you are doing it properly but make sure the T handles are open far enough...

IF you still can not get it in I would call HWH and see if they have any input.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, if you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page.

Also click HERE for the service manual, I am not sure if you just have the owners manual or already have this....

Robert

I already have that document.
let me try another expert.
the underlying problem was a stuck solenoid. the local tech whacked it with a wrench, but it will need to be replaced.

I am not sure why the negative rating, if it was a stuck solenoid and you did what I said by swapping the solenoid wires you would have been able to run the room in. You would have had to hit extend to retract the room after the wires were swapped. I also said the number one cause was a faulty solenoid.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic