RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2004 Georgie Boy Velocity, My black water system is leaking…

2004 Georgie Boy Velocity, My...
2004 Georgie Boy Velocity, My black water system is leaking from an unknown source. The floor is wet and so is the carpet along the base of area under toilet. Where do I look first?
2/2/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The most common cause of that is a bad toilet valve on the toilet. What is the make and model of your toilet and I can get you a part number?

Is the valve located at the base? I just had the base gasket replaced.
It is a thetford

No. None are on the base. Attach a photo of the toilet if you aren't sure of the model.

Looks like an Aqua Magic IV or V model with a hand flush. That valve is right under the top at the rear and you have to remove the toilet to access it. Two nuts, one on either side at the base. Maybe it froze. That is the usual cause of failure and leaking on that model.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get the toilet off and make this repair?

Still looking for the part.,,

The toilet valve? An Aqua Magic IV valve is part #13168 and a V valve is part number 31705. Amazon has them and many other places. If you Google that part number it will bring up many. Not hard to change out. Get back to me when you get it and I can assist you.

Comes with a new gasket for the bottom seal.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Were you able to get this new valve assy? Let me know if you need help with the installation.