RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

The water heater on my 2017 SunStar does not lite up when I…

The water heater on...

The water heater on my 2017 SunStar does not lite up when I turn it on. I bought it from Camping World Nashville in May. We have gone on three trips with it and after the second trip, I took it to Nashville to have a few things repaired, including the water heater. They tried it once in the 2 1/2 months they had the RV. We got it back on the Jan.10 and left on a 10 day trip...on that trip it only worked briefly 2 times! They found nothing wrong, but I say there is something wrong!

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

No lights - the water heater does not light up to heat the water.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Sun Star

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have used the instructions on the door to the water heater and the instructions in the owner's manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just want the heater fixed...

1/23/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can I do for you?

What is the make and model of your water heater? And do you know if they checked the LP working pressure at the tank regulator? And does it try to light or not? You should hear the ignitor clicking as it tries to light. Or is the the AC portion the problem?

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification