RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2018 and the remote is not working...only opens…

I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 and the remote is not working...only opens awning and turns awning light on...the stabilizer and slide do not work from the remote...thanks Wayne

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Awning light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 RV?

27 dbk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...just changed the batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it thank you...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2018 Forest River 27DBK
1/22/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

First, check and make sure it is level.On some models, if it is not level the slide may not work properly.Check and make sure no fuses had blown or breakers are tripped.If these are all o.k. this can be a fault in the remote itself or the receiver.Being that this is a 2018 model this should be covered under warranty by a dealer to be diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you.This is the best thing to do is to allow the dealer or an authorized repair center to look into this issue to see if they can pinpoint the cause.The reason being is that if you tamper with it too much this can actually void some of the warranty.In some cases, a dealer or authorized repair center can send someone out to you to diagnose and repair it where it is located.If not you would need to bring it in for diagnosis and repair.I suspect remote or receiver premature failure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician