RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic refridgerator that will not switch from gas…

I have a Dometic...

I have a Dometic refridgerator that will not switch from gas to auto the auto light comes on but the gas does not shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The auto/gas mode lights on the front panel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

This problem occurred once before, checked all the fuses inside an on the outside panel of the refridgerator,turned the breaker for the refridgerator off and back on and it fixed the problem for about 2 months

1/21/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the model number of the dometic??

Robert

I have to go back to the camper will send you the model # after lunch. Thanks Jimmy
It is a 2014 year model DMR702. Thanks

Sorry for the wait was at work...

So yes when you are in Auto and have AC power available it should always want to run on AC power, if you loose the power it should switch over to LP and then when the AC power is restored it should switch back to AC power. So if it is going to LP I would first verify the outlet has power when this is happening and then also make sure the fuse on the board is not loose in the holder at all, I have seen that before where if the fuse is a bit loose it well trick the board and the LP will fire off. Make sure you unplug the cord when checking the fuses you do not want to touch the AC fuse when it is plugged in. IF everything looks good I suspect you have a faulty board, check all the wire connections really good make sure nothing is loose, there should be a relay on the board that is responsible for the switching and it is part of the board. Some Dometics may have a 2 year warranty so I would look at that if it is a 2015, might be covered.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks for your help, will try your suggestions, again Thanks Jimmy
Hey Robert, in reference to 770_10 I had checked the fuses so I pulled the circuit board and it was burnt on one of the solder joints on the glass fuse, repaired it and fixed the problem, well worth the 37 bucks ! Thanks again. Jimmy

Thanks for the update and glad I could help out, if you have anymore RV related questions please feel free to request me in the future.

Robert

I sure will, Thank You !