RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Winnebago Via. Having issues with the headlights currently.

Customer Question
Winnebago Via. Having...

Winnebago Via. Having issues with the headlights currently. High beams come on automatically at 60 km/h and won't turn off unless the ignition is turned off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Was in to Mercedes dealership and they inspected and said nothing wrong with everything up to the headlights. Since Headlights are 3rd party, they told me to discuss with RV dealership, only response I get is "It's headlights, that has to be a chassis issue and Mercedes needs to fix it"

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '60 RV?

Via 25q

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have no idea where to go at this point. Mercedes "not our problem" RV "go see Mercedes". Was hoping to get some direction here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think the chassis battery might be going bad, but I haven't had that looked into yet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
1/22/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It can be an issue when two different companies are in with the build of your vehicle.The Mercedes facility is the one needing to look at this.This can be a fault with a SAM control unit as this can act up internally causing the lights to come on like this as well as keeping them on.I would ask the dealer to perform what is called a short test with their computer to see if any codes come up.They will most likely see a fault for the light system and they can then diagnose it from there.But a faulty SAM or on some models a faulty light control module can cause this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete