RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a air conditioner problem and have take the dash out…

Customer Question
I have a air...

I have a air conditioner problem and have take the dash out of 2003 Discovery and don’t how to get to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Empty leaks out as fast as it goes almost. I have to change the block they said it’s inside the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Discovery yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need help getting the dash out then l can take from there.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
1/22/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since no one has posted a procedure here on how to take the dash out this can be due to not enough info on what year and model this is or that the info may be difficult to obtain.In some cases, a repair facility or dealer in your area may be able to look at it and tell you how it is removed.I know the steering column usually has to be lowered down and the dash will have bolts on the sides that need to be removed and brackets and wiring to do this.If you can let me know the year and model I will see if I can find more info.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Sorry that was no help to me. I know that much. Thanks anyway.