RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have two outlets that don't work but can't find reset.

I have two outlets...

I have two outlets that don't work but can't find reset

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2016 windsport 34J

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

I thought winsport 34J was the model number

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just looking for fuse box to reset if anything is tripped

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

10V ford motor if that helps 38"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a time limit to run the generator? I am new to this as you can tell

1/20/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response.

Robert

IF you have two outlets that do not work it could be a tripped breaker in the main breaker panel, a tripped breaker on the inverter or a tripped GFI.

Find the main breaker panel and cycle all the breakers off and then back on, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it, normally the main breaker panel will be inside the RV, could be under the fridge, on the outside base of the bed, under the bed in the closet area, the outlets would be protected by a breaker.

Next if you have an inverter check for some breakers, they can be small push buttons.

After that go around the RV and look for a tripped GFI, these would be certain outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside.

There is no time limit that you can run the generator however if it is a gas generator then it will cut off when the main fuel tank gets to 1/4 tank, this is per design so you do not run the main tank out of fuel.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
have looked in all these places would it be behind a panel that requires a screw driver to get into?
no, not at RV right now. don't know what I am looking for. will it look like a house or a car fuse box?

No the panel might blend in with the rest of the cabinetry and look in all the cabinets as well, very seldom do you find the panel outside but I would look where the shore-cord and battery is located. It will be like a house breaker panel, same size breakers. I just looked in your owners manual page 97 shows the power converter, the upped panel should come off and then you should see the breakers, click HERE and have a look.... Page 97.