RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have low water pressure inside my camper (2004 Forest

I have low water...

I have low water pressure inside my camper (2004 Forest River Grand Surveyor) but I have perfect water pressure at my outside hose hookup. I checked the inline pressure regulator to make sure the screens were clean and that is flowing fine, but when I try the water from faucets in galley and vanity it only dribbles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

It is in good condition, it has been snowing here but I have been dripping the lines. The main water line in still froze but is not frozen now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Forest River?

2004 gsf265rk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have turned on the bypass to the hot water heater so that it is not trying to fill that tank. I have checked pressure of water line in which was fine. And checked the debris screens on the pressure regulator and all faucets.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything else

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you tried to run water from the water tank with the water pump? IF you have good pressure with the pump it will eliminate some things.

Robert

My line in to fill the tank is busted. Has been since I’ve been borrowing this RV. I’ve never used the fresh water tank system.

Got it, give me a few mins to type a response....

Robert

So on your water heater many times you will have a hot, cold and bypass. the hot and cold should be open OR valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle against the pipe.

IF you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are shut have seen some strange things happen when the valves are left open, not sure you have one or not.

The city water connector you are hooking up to should have a built in regulator and check valve so it is possible if you are not getting the pressure inside that is at fault.

IF you have a water filter as well that could be plugged up, some RV'S have them some do not they are normally under the sink or outside.

It was very good you checked the screens in each faucet as that one sometimes tricks owners.

Could be a failed regulator if you pull it out you should only be able to blow air in one direction, if you can blow air both ways then it is faulty.

I hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please select a STAR rating on the page...

ROBERT

Is there a plumbing diagram available for this camper? The one in the manual is very nondescript.By outside sprayer do you mean like an outdoor shower? I do have one of those and the knobs are both off. I don’t know about any valve there.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I have an RV repair shop and I find that most of the time when this happens it is the check valve in the inlet fixture. Take the screen out and tap on the check valve and see if that is jammed or perhaps the spring retainer has come off and that allows it to lodge in the opening of the water inlet. If you can't repair that then the fixture can be replaced. In rare instances, I have seen that actually go into the water line a ways and become lodged in there. I have never seen or heard of any customers getting plumbing diagrams out of Forest River. I find that their Customer Service is not that good in most cases. Hope this helps out some. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to make sure you saw my response and answer to your question. Sometimes, these get lost in the volume of e-mail most of us get every day. If you need me to resend that please let me know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
I found that it was the check valve inside the city water inlet connection that had broken. I’ve ordered a new inlet connection so that should take care of the problem. Thank you so much for your help.
For now I am just running it off of the fresh water tank, I replaced the flexible hose that was cracked so I could fill it and am making do until I am back on city water.

You are most welcome! Thanks for getting back to me. Please let me know if you need more later as there are no time limits on any follow ups.