RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Need to know how to start the furnace in a 1989 Winnebago…

Need to know how...

Need to know how to start the furnace in a 1989 Winnebago motorhome

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '89 RV?

Chiefton

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried turning on the gas & moving the thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of right now

1/19/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

On many furnaces it is pretty much automatic. You make sure the main LP tank valve is ON and also make sure the LP detector is on. Then you go to the thermostat and select the heat or furnace option and then raise the temp on the thermostat, what should happen when you do that is the blower motor should come on, once the blower motor comes up to speed then you will hear it sparking and it should light off. IF you happen to have the make and model of the furnace I should be able to provide you with some more info on this..

Hope this helps Robert

Thanks well try it again later

No problem at all, please let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic