RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We been camping for the last couple of days and I noticed…

We been camping for...

We been camping for the last couple of days and I noticed this morning water was pouring out underneath the water heater. It a new 2016 Winnebago Sunstar lx27n only 3000 miles..turned off water immeadiately. In the camp ground it was 11 degrees at night What your suggestion.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

What coolant level

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

Winnebago Sunstar lx 27n

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What does he suggest.

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/19/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! I had to go out on a Service Call and just got back online again. It does sound like something may have frozen and broken. Any evidence of that inside the motorhome? And is the water heater mounted above or below the floorline in this? If below and it got very cold inside one of the bays where this is accessed from it may have broken a line or fitting. Some careful examination would be needed to find out. You might have to run the water once you can see that area to ascertain where exactly the leak is coming from. Once you do I can give you some repair tips on how to correct that. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Heater is above floor. Turned water back on it quit. All systems were good.sinks worked/ good hot water/ commode worked Turned water off and it started leaking again. Went to fresh water tank in compartment next to it turned drain valve on it for a while and it quit after about 5gallons drain out. Sure confusing. Any suggestion.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks
Phone call session started

Give me a call later if you need more as there is not any time limit on any follow ups.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification