RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Black water cable broke at valve how can I empty tank. Black…

Customer Question
Black water cable broke...

Black water cable broke at valve how can I empty tank

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

Black waste tank pull cordvalve broke at valve how do I drain tank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007fith wheel by thor callenger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pull cord broke at valve how do I empty tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do not tow live in it is there a way to empty tank

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
1/18/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall Possible you can take a picture and send to this post? I would like to see the break on the valve

cable pulled from inside

understood, no way to send me a picture?

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Are you sure it broke off or just came loose? Most of the time the set screw holding the cable just comes loose. If not, you can still grab the end of the blade and pull it open. It will require you to get to the valve body and that can entail taking at least part of the belly pan loose. I have an RV repair shop and work on these all the time. We sometimes find where the valve is and cut an access hole in the pan and make a cover for it so you can get to it again later. You can use the same kind of material or some sheet metal. Hope that gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if you need additional direction and information. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!