RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Red light flashes 5 times every 5 seconds first time used on…

Red light flashes 5...

Red light flashes 5 times every 5 seconds first time used on 240 volt

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

No. Just blinks 5times

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Volt?

What do you mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's a new fridge

1/18/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge? Should be a sticker inside the Door....

Thanks... Robert

Cfx 28

So does the red light stop flashing after a certain amount of time and does it then start to work for you?

Sorry for the delay as well, was at work....

Robert

Fridge is still cooling but very slowly

IF that is the case it could be an issue with the compressor it will take some time before it reaches the desired temp. What I might do if you just purchased this unit is exchange it for another one and see if the new one will cool any better. Click HERE for an owners manual, I believe the flashing red led indicates the unit is ON but not ready for operation. IF it starts to work and the light does stop flashing then it should start to cool.... I would go through the manual and verify all your settings are correct and if it is still giving you poor cooling and it is new I would exchange it for another one....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic