RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2008 Fleetwood 38P motorhome and I have no power to…

HI, I have a...

HI, I have a 2008 Fleetwood 38P motorhome and I have no power to the passenger side lights inside the coach. I believe it has to do with a short or possibly the 12 volt system

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

When I purchased the RV used there was no power, the tech said it was a short and fixed it but it has happened again

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am now, I checked the breakers, the fuse box in the bedroom but I don't know if there is something I'm missing because I didn't have a troubleshooting manual and I'm just guessing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I replaced the 50 AMP breaker and it's fine now. I'm female so not particularly strong if there is lifting involved

1/18/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I don't show a diagram for this model here but this can be a short or fault in the power inverter fused power feed for these lights with a damaged wire or terminal or an issue with wiring that leads from the lights to the inverter with broken or shorted wiring needing to be repaired.Unfortunately, you will need to have this inspected/tested to locate which is the cause then repaired from there to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know where the inverter is located on this coach?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s 4:30 in the morning where I am, I am not able to work in the coach right now.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not call me now

The inverter should be the paneling with all of the fuses in it and vented holes for the fan to operate.It should also house circuit breakers.If you still want me to call you let me know what time and time zone to call.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know what the inverter is but they are all located in different places, I replaced one on my other RV, I don’t know where it is.
Cary York
Phone call session started

I apologize for the delay as I have been offline the last few days.

Unfortunately, my info is not showing for sure where this is located on your model.I have seen some located in the fridge area or kitchen cabinet areas.You might be able to contact a dealer or repair center and ask them at no charge to you to see if they can tell you for sure where it is located.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I accepted no phon call and I DON’T want one!

O.k. I will not call on this here.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician