RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My generator runs but I get no power inside coach. No power…

My generator runs but...

My generator runs but I get no power inside coach

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power atall

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2001 dolphin 5332

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it. turned on generator and flipped the 20 and 30 amp switches on but no power inside coach

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No... just trying to get power from generator so I can vacuum it out

1/18/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO a few things......

Have you checked the breakers ON the generator, most generators will have one or two breakers on them.

Also do you have to plug a cord into an outlet to allow AC power into the RV??? ON some RV's you physically have to plug a cord in out near the generator, it would have a large cable coming off the generator, OR it will be automatic you start the generator and have AC power available. IF that is the case then you have a transfer switch which detects the incoming power source and switches between shore and generator power, the problem could be at the transfer switch.

You can follow up with me as much as needed....

Robert

The manual says there should be a breaker box in bedroom but I cannot find itthe

OK

Normally you will have the breakers next to the fuses and they can be under the fridge in a panel that swings down, could be on the outside base of the bed under the bed, or in the closet. The generator will also have some breakers on it as well. IF you can not find the breakers on the generator please get me the model of it. Normally if the generator is not producing voltage the breakers on the generator could be tripped, transfer switch issue or main breaker. IF all the power works when you plug in then it is NOT a breaker in the breaker panel but on the generator or the transfer switch..... Let me know if you need more help...

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thank you. I will check tomorrow to find breaker box

No problem at all let me know if you need more help....

Robert