RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My 2008 pace arrow has restriction in propane supply line to…

Customer Question
My 2008 pace arrow...

My 2008 pace arrow has restriction in propane supply line to the stove and front furnace. Back furnace is working fine. Stove lights on front burner and only has small flame. Front furnace will not light. When second burner is tried pressure goes down and both goes out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Liquid petroleum issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 RV?

38 foot with three sides.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, new regulator. And inspected all lines except the flexible line leading to slide for stove and furnace.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know where to fine the connecting line to drivers side slide.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
1/18/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 month ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is the LP detector in the "On" position? If not, it may be restricting the flow. Check that and get back to me if that is working fine and we can move on from there. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The light is on the detector . Did not find a switch.

It is on the detector. Those can be shut off manually. It might also be due to some "honey" in on of the low spots in the line. This is an oily substance that is the result of the interaction of the ethyl mercaptan in the LP with the rubber/plastic in the feed line before it hooks to the hard plumbing. Kind of like a sink trap affect. If the gas has to go through that liquid it can slow down the delivery or reduce the LP flow. There should be no other reasons for any gas flow issues other than these two, unless a line was left open at some point and something got into there. Ethyl mercaptan attracts bugs in a big way.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to locate the switch for the LP shut off?

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification