RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a Waeco Portable fridge/freezer in my caravan. A

I have a Waeco...

I have a Waeco Portable fridge/freezer in my caravan. A flashing red error light comes on, i do not know the reason.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It blinks approx every 5 secs. I have connected the Waeco directly to the Battery in the caravan. We have a 200W solar panel on top of the caravan which is also connected to the caravan battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Caravan?

2007 Jayco Sterling

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to run the Waeco directly onto the caravan battery. The 200W solar panel has a voltage controller adjacent to the caravan battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am doing it myself, I am a qualified electrician.

1/17/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​he most common reason for that is due to the battery(s) being too low on charge to adequately power the fridge. The light is warning about this condition.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have 19 volts DC coming into the battery from the Solar Panel.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No worries, thank you for your help.

The voltage is fine, but that provides no amperage. You have to have both here. The solar panel isn't providing enough amperage to keep up with the demand. And you are most welcome! Add a battery or two or another panel. That should solve this.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification