RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a jayco hawk.It has a setel st2011 inverter in it.It…

Customer Question
Hello.I have a jayco...

Hello.I have a jayco hawk.It has a setel st2011 inverter in it.It keeps blowing a fuse on the front panel and showing a fault light.The fuse is L5.Are you able to tell me what that fuse is for.??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

This is a camper trailer one of the pop top types.it only has 1 fuse panel that I know of.I do not have the owners manual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1999 jayco outback hawk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried changing the fuse just keeps poping it.cant easily trace the wires from L5 due to them heading off into the wall of the camper.have a suspension that its the lights as they are the only then not working when on house batteries.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
1/16/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, my info does not show what this fuse is for here.You might check to see what powers up briefly when the fuse is installed as this can help determine what it powers up to check for a short.In allot of cases, it can be the wiring at fault leading from the inverter shorted in the wall or leading to the component it powers up.Since I do not have the diagram layout for this model on this here and no one else has replied you may have to speak with a dealer to see if they can get you the diagrams you need.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete