peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

We have a Dometic RMD 8556 fridge/freezer in our 2018 Swift

We have a Dometic RMD 8556 fridge/freezer in our 2018 Swift Conqueror and it keeps switching itself off after 2 hours running
JA: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried running it on electricity and gas. Do you need to set anything on the Swift Command?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It starts OK but shuts off completely after 1-2 hours. Then the only way to restart is doing a system shutdown on the caravan. Then it seems to restart.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the temp sensor/thermistor at fault sending a false signal that it is too cold in the fridge shutting this down.You will have to have this tested further to then locate the cause for this issue then from there it can be repaired to resolve this fault.This will need to be tested electronically to see if the sensor is the cause or possibly a fault with the circuit board/control panel as this can also fail to cause this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete