RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a marine Norcold TEK II Model DE/EV- 441 dual

Customer Question
I have a marine...

I have a marine Norcold TEK II Model DE/EV- 441 dual electric refrigerator on a 2000 Formula boat. I need to replace the formica door skin on the refrigerator. The support team from Formula indicated that Norcold manufactured the door covers for their boats. Can you please help me replace the door cover?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Formula yourself? What have you tried so far?

I removed the door from the refrigerator. Due to the cold in the North East the door skin cracked into pieces. I was hoping to get the correct replacement skin.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to see how to get the replacement door skin.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
1/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ am adding a link to those parts for you. Hope that proves helpful here. https://www.marineparts.com/MEGAYACHTS/NORCOLD/NOR2.HTM

If for some reason those are NLA, you can have a local cabinet maker remove the old one and add a new skin for you. I have one in my town that does great work and is very reasonable.

Do you understand what my request is to resolve my problem?

Yes, and I gave you a parts source and another option. Not much more I can offer here.

according to Formula, Norcold should have the replacement skin for the model I mentioned. Is this not the case? I looked at the link and didn't see my refrigerator model

Norcold quit making these quite some time ago and I double checked and there are no parts available now unless you just happen to find someone with one. Best to just take it into a cabinet shop and have them put a new skin on it.