RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Furnace no ignition I have changed board and igniting rod…

Furnace no ignition I...

Furnace no ignition I have changed board and igniting rod still no spark

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Which battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Customer:(###) ###-####lp,(###) ###-#### I get fan,gas comes on then shut down

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

2010??

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got called to check heater. Last year changed igniter worked till this year. Changed board , and igniter this years nothing works. Set Tatar fan on gas valve opens gas comes in but no spark

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Found year even 2003

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​his can be caused by a number of things. Low incoming DC voltage can reduce the fan speed and cause the sail switch to be erratic. The brushes in the motor may be worn and causing the motor to turn more slowly. Lint in the sail switch or even a defective board if you used another OEM board. I have had some in my shop that wouldn't go 3 months. I never use them for that reason. And even low LP pressure at the tank regulator can be a cause of this. First thing we do in the shop is to check voltage and pressure and rule those out. If you take the regulator off and into a shop for testing they can test it and adjust it if it needs that. See the attached link for a copy of the Atwood Furnace Manual which gives you all this and more. Print this out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried all fan ,sail,gas pressure,newboard,igniter from factory no heat

That leaves the motor or low voltage.

Or that board has gone south already.........

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you was helpful

You are most welcome! And there are some rare things that can happen. A broken ignitor or hole in the burner screen. Those you won't see once in 4 or 5 years in the shop. Let me know what it turns out to be. If you are going to replace the board be sure and get a good after market board made by Dinosaur Electronics. That is called a "Fan 50 Plus" board and is available many places online.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fan motor not turning fast enough to trip sail switch. You were a big help wish I had called earlier would have saved time in repair. Thank you for all info.

You are most welcome! Glad you got it sorted out. Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification