RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The heat pump nor heater will not come on. The A/C will come…

Customer Question
The heat pump nor...

The heat pump nor heater will not come on. The A/C will come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking hoses the heater is not working at all (heatpump or gas heat)

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Fleetwood Discovery 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband is and he just left will get back with you when he returns

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have t-stat RVComfort.ZC it works in cool mode and fan mode. It does not do anything in heat mode. It doesn't even say heat on the display. I have taken the fuse out for 10 minutes and the flo been replaced.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
1/14/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hey seem to have a lot of issues with this model. Do you have the User's Manual for it? Sometimes disconnecting it for about 5 minutes will allow it to reset and if that isn't successful, a system reset can be done. Get back to me about the manual and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

I cannot find the manual

See the attached link for a copy of this. Try unplugging it for about 5 minutes and then plugging it back in again. See if that resolves this. If not, try a reset as per the manual and see if it corrects the problem. Let me know what happens. http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/heatair/RVP_tstat_install.pdf

Programming is in section 15.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!