RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 Rockwood signature ultra light 5th wheel. The…

I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Rockwood signature ultra light 5th wheel. The heater does not turn on. On the thermostat, we set to heat, but cannot set temperature and it does not turn on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Im not talking about lights. I'm talking about the heater and thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

It's a Rockwood signature ultra lite 8289WS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are. Located the heater, checked the fuses, Checked power

When can I expect a response?
1/14/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. I was gone yesterday and perhaps others may have been off as well. I have an RV repair shop and work on these all the time. Which make and style of thermostat do you have?

RVCOMFORT ZC is on the case.i don't have literature
Did you receive the picture?

Yes. I just got home from breakfast. When you say "Can't set the temperature" here does that mean you can't get to the furnace mode?

I can get to heat mode, however I cannot set temperature. Nothing changes when I press the up or down buttons. The cool setting works, but not heat.

Do you have the User's Manual for this? It may be defective and need replacing, but you might try a system reset first. Are you plugged into shore power or dry camping?

There isn't a manual for this. I am plugged in for power. How do I do a reset?

Try unplugging it first and let it sit for 5 minutes and then plug it back in again. Let me see if I can find the instruction manual for you.

Unplugging it did not work.

Still trying to track down a manual for this. I can tell you this has been a very troublesome thermostat for them.

See the attached link for a copy of a User's Manual. This is the older version of this model, but the reset and programming should be the same. See page 15. Let me know what happens. http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/heatair/RVP_tstat_install.pdf

Omg...it worked!!!! Thank you so much!

S​uper! Glad this worked out. Print this out so you have it.

Oh no!!! It didn't work! The fan turns on, but no heat!

That is usually a sign of the control board failing. What is the make and model of the furnace?

Suburban
Dynatrail? Model NT-30sp or NT-34sp

T​hat has to be removed from the housing in order to access the control board.

Ok. Thanks

Is that something you can do? I can direct you in this.

You can see if the problem is there in the furnace or in the controls by jumping the two blue leads from the furnace. Those are the furnace thermostat leads. Be sure that one hasn't come loose.

It may be an issue in the overheat control module in the A/C which is used to activate the furnace.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification