RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

One side of my dr does not retract but the other side moves.

One side of my...

One side of my dr does not retract but the other side moves. If I have someone use a flat bar and lift that side slightly from inside, then it will retract. Its like that one side drops down a bit too much when fully out. Is there a way to fix this? As long as I don't put it out all the way, everything is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Hello, thx for the response. 2004 Coachmen Aurora

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aurora yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. I am capable of almost anything. If too hard/complicated then take to shop. Waiting for warmer weather in Connecticut. Right now, looking for suggestions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it. Thank you.

Answered in 7 days by:
1/21/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This needs to be inspected for any bent or damaged tracks or guides causing this fault here.I have seen bent and damaged guides or tracks cause this issue needing repaired or replaced.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete for your response.
I was on the phone for quite some time and couldn't stay on any longer.
I am on vacation and will return around end of February. I will check it out then. Plus right now, it's covered up2004 Coachman Aurora. The dining rm/couch slides out no problem, glitches or strain. If I do not slide it all the way out, leaving about 3 inches, it will retract just fine. If I put it all the way out, I have to put a flat pry bar under the end and lift up about an inch for it to retract.
Kindly let me know any other thoughts or suggestions.
I'll check back later.
Thanks.

Hello

From here it sounds like a possible bent track or guide causing this issue with it needing to be repaired or replaced.This would be the only thing I can think of that would cause a fault like this here.This has to be checked into further and in some cases, the slide has to come off to check it fully which may be best done by a shop or dealer.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician