RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold N621 is not cooling. Nash 22H 2005. 22H. Tried

Customer Question
Norcold N621 is not...

Norcold N621 is not cooling

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Nash 22H 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

22H

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried cycling the controls - it goes to AC or Auto but then shows an "n"

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This happened after I ran out of propane, turned the fridge on and off a couple times, but haven't been able to get it to come back on and cool

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/9/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

An "N" code indicates that it can't cool in any mode. That can be for any number of reasons. Is the fridge level? That will cause this if you are not level. Another is that the cooling unit has started to fail and is overheating. Open up the outside inspection cover and look around the base of the burner area and tell me if you see any yellowish debris there. That is one sign that the cooling unit is leaking and it would need to be replaced or rebuilt. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. I can supply a copy of the Service Manual and direct you in some testing and a reset procedure. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

I am on my way to my shop and won't be available for about 30 minutes.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

I haven’t been able to get out and open the access door yet.

O.K.