RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2000 Monaco Dynasty. When I put a load on the

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 Monaco Dynasty. When I put a load on the chassis elect system like using the jacks for to long, I lose all chassis power. After a minute or two the power comes back on. Once in a while it will go off with just the engine running but will come back on in a minute or two. Cabin power is not affected, I'm pretty sure it is a relay but which one? This is a 35 foot unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

It is a Monaco Dynasty motorhome with 60,000 miles,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dynasty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Nothing.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
1/9/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall. I am reviewing your question now and will reply shortly. You may see a popup for phone call request, That is not from me but rather the site. We can keep in this chat format or a call if you prefer.Call is an option not required. Thanks. Back shortly

Ok, do you happen to know where your transfer switch is located? this is a box in which the shore power cord goes directly to. I have 2 class A's and both of mine the switch box is in a side compartment right where the shore power cord goes into, I need to see if you can locate yours,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I replaced it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The A/C power is fine

ok, to back up, you did not mention you tried repairs, I am going to opt out and open the post to the other experts, Sorry I could not help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The replacement of the transfer switch was not for this problem.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please cancel this request. It has been considerably more than 24 hours with no response and I corrected the problem by replacing a relay in the front run panel. Thanks for nothing.
gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic