RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have full propane tanks but the heater will not kick on,

Customer Question
I have full propane...

I have full propane tanks but the heater will not kick on, the indicater is green that the fuel is hooked up right but no propane getting through,tried turning on oven, no gas??

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Always has worked, camper gas heat system, 5 years ago replaced the regulator

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

It is an older one about 1990.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have to fix it myself, I tried putting a heat tape around the propane regulator, check hoses, full propane and 2 different tanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its cold!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/9/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Motorhome or trailer?