RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2017 serro scotty (188RBR) and I cannot find a

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 serro scotty (188RBR) and I cannot find a value to drain the fresh water tank. Can you please let me know where it is located.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2107 serro scotty, 188RBR

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

It is a travel trailer, designed by Little Guy, built by Gulf Stream. (Not an RV)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sorry .. it is an S188RBR. We are not fixing it. We just went camping for the first time last week and cannot find out how to empty the fresh water tank before taking it to our storage lot.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
1/9/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the bottom and sides of the tank as well as under the RV for the drain.It may be a hose with a cap over it that the cap needs to be removed to drain the water.If this is or was already checked let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We went dry camping and should be able to easily empty the fresh water tank .. not crawl under the RV somewhere. We do not see a valve. Thank you for checking. You are the first to respond. If you do not have the document, can you please suggest who I might contact.

I don't show the exact location of this model myself and usually calling a selling dealer is the best option as they can tell you for sure where on your model this is located.In the link below there is an option to look up dealers.Contact one and let them know the model you have ( 188RBR) and they can tell you.I know like on my first one there was a drain cock at the bottom easily to turn and see to drain but my newest model it is a hose that hangs down and I have to actually get on my knees and crouch under slightly under the tank area to remove the cap from it to drain.Pain in the butt but that's how they set it up.

http://serroscottytrailers.com/

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Pete. I appreciate your response. I have already tried your suggestions, to no avail. The dealer was not at all helpful. I don't know where to go from here, but I will keep trying. I can't believe a drain wasn't built with ease of view and operation.
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician