RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Unable to find Vin number on 2003 Wilderness Travel Trailer.

Customer Question
Unable to find Vin...

Unable to find Vin number on 2003 Wilderness Travel Trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2003 30ft Wilderness Travel Trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 RV?

30 foot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to get it insured and the insurance company want to see vin number on the unit, I was told it should be stamped on the fram near the fron. The small plate on road side is unreadable.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just where the number is ***** on this year of unit, I do have the registration showing the number but to insure they want to visually see it on the unit itself. Thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Look on the front lower corner on the driver's side and see if you can see the tag from the OEM. Sometimes they fade out and it is hard to do. Sometimes they put the VIN number on the tongue area or the cross member right at the front. Stamped into the frame metal. 17 digits in all. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.