RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a vibe 268rks does the 1000 watt inverter only power…

Customer Question
I have a vibe...

I have a vibe 268rks does the 1000 watt inverter only power the Refer on is it also the other 120v also

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Vibe?

Sorry 2017 with 30 amp service

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I do not have a wiring diagram and I have not checked the fuses just looking at the refer running down the batteries and is there a way to shut the inverter off when dry camping

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vibe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not been in it that long so I have not delved into the system at all just some background work for now. right now I am just disconnecting the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of right now. Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/8/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The inverter should run the refrigerator and all other 12 volt components.If you have the fridge on and it is running down the battery quickly check and make sure the doors are closed on it all of the way and make sure you don't have it set to high.If this is all o.k. you should have a fuse for it in the inverter fuse panel to pull to turn it off or on some models, you can access the plug for it at the back of the fridge from outside of the vehicle to unplug it to turn it off that way.

Being a 2017 if there is too much of a drain on the battery from the fridge on 12 volts you can have a dealer or authorized repair center look into it to see if they can diagnose and repair it under warranty at no charge to you.It will run off gas or electric.When on gas it uses the 12-volt battery.When on electric it uses the 120 plug in ( your 30 amp service) if it has a selectable setting as some do.If it does not then it only runs on gas and 12 volts.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thank you. The fridge only runs on AC. Just doing research When dry camping, I was looking to shut the inverter off to save batteries. I think it was indicated the 1000w inverter was to run the fridge all the time. it looks as if I will need to spend some time looking at the circuits. (when it warms up that is, 20 in Memphis is COLD)

You're welcome

I am in Montana myself and it is definitely cold here as well.Hard to work on anything in the cold for sure.

Unfortunately, my info doesn't show the wiring/circuits on this model here myself.If the fridge only runs ac then the inverter would be on to run it at all times.This can definitely drain the batteries over a couple days time.I have installed solar panels to keep up the charge on the batteries when there is a constant drain like this and this is usually the best way to keep the charge up.The other way, of course, is plugging in the camper/RV or hooking it up to a generator and running the generator every day for a couple hours.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete