RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My wife backed into a brick mailbox and broke one of the LED…

Customer Question
My wife backed into...

My wife backed into a brick mailbox and broke one of the LED taillights on my 2009 Chateau on a Sprinter 3500 chassis. I'm looking for a replacement. Where can I find it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

All but 2 of the bulbs still work, but the red cover is broken as is the base.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sprinter?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'd like to fix it myself, but don't know where to find the light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
1/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hese are not unique to that chassis. Most RV dealerships and some larger auto parts stores will have them. Take a close look on the lense and see if there is a name and number embossed in the plastic. Many of these are made by either Peterson or Bargman. If you can get that you can Google that part number and come up with any number of sources online. I would be surprised if Amazon doesn't have them. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Ok, Thanks. I don't see any here that look anything like mine. I'll take a closer look at the lenses for any markings.

If you can attach a photo of one to your post I can ask in the morning at the automotive store next to my shop. They have all kinds of these listed in their catalogs.

Even just a number if there isn't any name is ***** *****

Let me show these to my friends at the parts store next to my shop this morning and see if they can't match them up for you. Only a little after 6 a.m. here, so it will be about 3 hours from now.

Markings are very small and it's raining pretty good outside. On the bottom of the red lens cover is "SAE DOT ST100"
On the top is "Patent Pending >PMMA<"

Looks like they were made by PMMA and especially for Winnebago. We can't find any online any place, so I suspect that you can call Winnebago or one of their dealers and order one. Let me know how that turns out. Thanks!

W​ere you able to get these from Winnebago?

I'm still waiting for them to respond. The coach was made by Four Winds which is owned by Thor. That's the company I'm trying to contact.

O.K........I was thinking it was one of Winnebago's models. So many on the market these days! Please let me know how it goes.