RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Generator won't start. Just cleaned. 85 southwind. We just…

Customer Question
Generator won't start Mechanic's...

Generator won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Just cleaned

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

85 southwind

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just bought it used and cleaned the cables etc and new batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 6 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the brand, model and serial number of the genset?

What happens when you try to start it - it does nothing at all? It cranks but won't fire? It fires a few times but won't start? It starts, but stops as soon as you release the start switch?

Please be specific.