RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Unit in rv power on doesnt work what is 12v trigger wire it…

Customer Question
Unit in rv...

Unit in rv power on doesnt work what is 12v trigger wire it is not connected??

Mechanic's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Trigger?

Don't know !

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Trigger? What have you tried so far?

A few days ago went to turn on. no power. checked in line fuse it's ok voltage is in at filter but noticed 12 v

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that wire labelled 12 v

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
12 v + trigger wire is connected at the connector but is hanging. other end not attached
1/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ have been reading over this question and I am still not sure what "trigger wire" you are talking about here. Please explain further which system or appliance this is in reference to and I can assist you further. Attach a photo to your post if you can as that should be helpful here. I have an RV repair shop and work on these all the time. If this is a Smartphone question it may be in the wrong section.

The product is a Jensen AWM 970. It is mounted in a RV as the audio video device. It will not power on so I removed it from its mount to check the in line fuse a 10 amp in the 12 volt power line. The fuse is ok, but
i didn't want to open the device until I could identify what appeared to be a broken wire in the back. The wire has a label on saying " 12 v + trigger wire" My question was what is the purpose of this wire and where is it supposed to be connected.
Since my problem is no power on and I have a loose unattached 12 volt ( labelled) wire I assumed it was pertinent.

I really can't say for certain. I will go ahead and opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something for you. Not sure when that might be as they come and go all day. I suspect that this might have been better in the Electronics section.

If you are certified on this device the answer should be simple. If after the basic answer I need further assistance then I
would consider further paid assistance. The basic answer shouln't cost an extra $26.00 !!!!

Don't respond back or it locks me back into the question again.

RV Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, RV Mechanic

sorry for the delay...........
" 12 v + trigger wire" is used to power other components like an Amplifier, Antenna, etc.
Typically a PINK wire

It is "12 Volts DC (+) Output" with Unit ON
IF you do NOT have Voltage (+) Input, you need to test for Voltage (+) DC on the YELLOW & RED wires of the AWM 970
Test Ground (-) on the BLACK wire

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

.
Hi, I answered your question correctly & as soon as I saw it.
did you need more info?
please respond or rate my answer, as that is what was agreed to when you read my answer.
thank you