RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I had the floor replaced in my 2000 Georgie boy pursuit.

Customer Question
I had the floor...

I had the floor replaced in my 2000 Georgie boy pursuit. Went to use the unit 6 weeks after picking it up, and can’t fill the water tank. Water just spews out of the bottom storage lockers. Opened the valves, but the water just comes right back out.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

About 43K

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pursuit yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I would prefer the people who replaced the floor repair what they broke during their installation, but they won’t return my phone calls. I don’t know much about RV repair, and I’m tired of getting ripped off. So I want to possibly diagnose the issue then call around for repairs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so? We looked under the bed where the water tank is, and it’s bone dry, but the sensors that determine water levels are disconnected. We assume this was done by the tech who replaced the floor?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
1/7/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Robert. It’s probably something simple, but, I don’t know where things go inside. Just how to hoot it up.

It sounds like there is a water line for the fill that is busted or not hooked up if it is leaking in the storage compartment areas. What you could do is get a blow out plug and hook it to the city water connector and apply about 30-40 psi of air, then you will be able to hear where the leak is coming from without water going everywhere, when water leaks it can travel pretty far and hard to id where the issue is. With the air method you can go right to the problem area as you will hear where the problem is located. Most RV stores sell the blow out plugs for a few dollars. It could be as something as simple as a line that was not hooked up but really hard to say at this point. IF the tank sensors were working prior to the floor repair and are not hooked up then you can bet they forget to hook them up.

IF the shop is not calling you back after the holidays then I might have another shop take a look, it would be about 1 hour to diagnose and then labor time for any repairs, would be mice if the shop that did the flooring would stand behind there work but sometimes that does not always happen so it may be best to have another shop take a look if you can not find the leak or any lines that were not hooked up properly.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic